Moving Prep Checklist
The most important thing you can do to have a successful move is to be prepared for the Muscle Movers when they arrive and be as accurate as possible when listing inventory items.
It is easy to skip over the small items because they aren’t heavy, but failing to mention extra boxes or small items, is the number one reason why services go over their estimated length.
- Walk through the basement, garage, patio, and make sure your inventory is correct.
- Tape all boxes and label them with particular room names/instructions for the destination location.
- Handle any disassembly or reassembly of furniture ahead of time or communicate to our Moving Consultants what you want them to disassemble or reassemble.
- Place parts for disassembly and reassembly in plastic bags so they are not lost in the transportation process.
- Pack a box or bag of moving day essentials:
- Cleaning Supplies
- First-Aid Kit
- Tool Kit
- Garbage Bags
- Music (Playlist)
- Stickers / Tape / Markers
- Hygiene Products
- Snacks & Hydration
- Have a plan for your kids/pets to be occupied and out of the way during the move to make sure things go as smoothly as possible.
- If you are providing the moving truck/vehicle, pick-up tie-down materials ahead of time so we are able to secure your items for transport. Also, consider how you plan to pad items. We will provide wrap, and for an additional charge you can utilize our moving pads.