A Note from Our CEO on COVID-19
Together, we are facing a truly unprecedented situation. Like everyone else, we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely. It’s important that we digest the information and guidance available, and consider how to best serve both our customers and employees. This is especially difficult because so much of our work cannot be done remotely, but is also one that people depend on.
At this time, we are continuing to provide moving services to all of our customers with reservations and we are still actively booking services. While our Operations team will continue working for our customers, we will be taking very active steps to combat the community spread of the virus in as many areas as possible. Some of the active steps we are taking include:
- Our Sales & Admin staff will be working from home to pare down our office and warehouse staff to 3 or fewer. Those individuals will work in separate offices.
- All of our meetings, including on-site estimates, have been postponed or will be rescheduled to online formats indefinitely.
- We are now offering on-site estimates via video walk-through!
- Our Service Managers, who usually make regular job site visits, will be checking in only by phone unless they are absolutely needed onsite.
- We have adjusted our internal operations policies to mitigate interpersonal contact between the crews, our teams and our customers.
- The Operations Team will be fully preparing the vehicles with everything necessary so that the crews can arrive and report directly to the vehicles without coming inside. Crews would normally assist in this process.
- Our Operations Team’s final steps will be to sanitize the cab of the vehicles by wiping down the seats, dashboard, steering wheel and internal/external door handles.
- Upon their return, they will return to their personal vehicles directly and we will reset their vehicles, should they need to be prepped for a second service.
While we are taking these steps, we do have a few requests for our Customer’s to assist the community in the spread of this virus:
- Let our team know if you or anyone in your household has been experiencing the symptoms of this virus, or been in close contact with someone who was recently traveling, we ask that you contact us to postpone your service and we will work with you to do so.
- We will also be pro-actively asking all of our customers this question when we call for a confirmation of their upcoming reservation.
- Limit the number of representatives onsite during the move to a single contact who can direct our activities. The smaller that we can keep the number of people onsite the better off we will all be!
- Be understanding that our crews will not be shaking hands on-site (like we normally would) and that we have instructed them to do what they can to limit close contact beyond what is required.
We will be continuing to monitor as information is released and directives are given but we understand that people have contractual obligations and could become homeless if we did not find a way to continue our services. We hope that all of customers will embrace the standards we are putting forward as we hope to balance their needs with the needs of the community.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns on the above information.
CEO, College Muscle Movers